Thursday, July 26, 2007

Playing with Acid Dyes



So this is what I was doing last night until about 2:30am. I got the earthy colors I was going for by adding a dash (or sometimes more) of the color opposite on the color wheel. Very cool. :) Unfortunately after the heat setting I ended up with some mottling that I was not going for so i've got to figure out how to keep that from happening. I think I have an idea though ...


This next colorway I absolutely love but I got some really bad blotchy stuff going on. It looked great before the heat but afterwards was such a disaster that I overdyed it with a solid color. That's still drying to we'll see what happens. I really like the color combo though .. I just have to figure out how to make it stay that way.



Here's my "Red Planet" colorway. I ended up with a bit of blotchiness on this one too but in matching colors so it kind of looks like I meant to do it. In the skein above the blotches were almost black and they are in the gold color so it really wasn't good.



2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I can't wait to see it in person. Will you be at SnB this Sunday...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your yarns are so beautiful! I haven't played with natural dyes at all yet. Maybe next summer, when my little one is a little older... :) ~knittyknotty

    ReplyDelete