Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Craftiness


I finally finished the Christmas Scarf and sent it on it's way to PA. (nice shadow, huh?) And even though it hasn't arrived yet, I'm going to blow it's cover by posting it here. I just can't help myself. I've been working on that thing for about eight months. (obviously not very often in that time, otherwise it would have been done long before now.) I was so happy to finally finish it but almost sad to see it go. I used some gorgeous alpaca yarn that I got from elann. My only regret is that I didn't show it to Brett before I mailed it off. He saw it in progress but never got to wrap himself in the fuzzy softness that is alpaca. And since we live in Florida I doubt I will ever make him one. Oh well ...




Tiki helped model it for some pics before I left for the post office.


And now that i've finished the never-ending-scarf I'm on to my next project .... yoga socks. Even though I said I wasn't going to let myself start anything new until I finished the scarf, I veered from the plan a bit and started the yoga socks last week. And probably just for that reason, about two inches into the socks I realized two things ... 1.) the pattern is wrong and 2.) i picked up an extra stitch somewhere. So I frogged it (ripped it out for you non-knitters ... get it? rip-it, rip-it) and started over again. I made some adjustments to the pattern and started over again. I was able to make some progress last night and i'm now about three inches into it. I'm using some hand-dyed purple sock yarn I bought on eBay last year when I decided I wanted to learn how to knit socks.

This picture didn't turn out very well at all but it's what i've got for now. And to answer some questions, the questionnaire below is for a secret pal gift exchange for knitters, Secret Pal 10. You have to knit and you have to have a blog. How it works is that your secret pal looks on your blog for your questionnaire so they know what kind of things you like. Then when you receive your package(s) you post pictures on your blog so they know you got it. It lasts for three months and you may get small packages throughout or one big one at the end. Depends on your secret pal. You, in turn, do the same for your secret pal. And then everyone reveals themselves at the end. There is an associated blog and you can nominate your pal for being the best if you so desire. Pretty cool, huh? I thought so. I've seen stuff about it online for a while now and I recently met someone at a Stitch'N'Bitch, Lorena, who participated in Secret Pal 9 and enjoyed it so much that she's doing it again. And it just so happens that sign-ups are going on now so I thought I would join in. They send out secret pal info by March 15th but you have to post the questionnaire to your blog by the end of February. So that, my friends, is the reason you all got to read it. Now you can all say "ah, now I understand" and go about your day. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment