Sunday, February 11, 2007

Papa & Miss Nancy's Wedding









































In other news ...

I did this online test to see how old I really am. (www.realage.com) Pretty interesting, I must say. My calendar age is 30.6 (shhh .. don't tell anyone) but my real age is 27.8. Not too shabby. I for one, would like to still believe I am 25 but the stress i've been under lately is not helping me with that. (more on this topic in a later post, if i ever get to it ... as i sit here for the 7th straight morning in a row of just me and the boys with Brody screaming and Houston climbing the walls) Here are the things that are making me younger:

Daily vitamin, Limited or no secondhand smoke exposure, No medication use, Happy marriage, Healthy resting heart rate, Flossing habits, Folic acid intake, Breast cancer history, No drinking and driving, Safe driving speeds, Vehicle size, Good oral hygiene, Safety belt or airbag usage, Ex-smoker, Low red meat intake (more like none), Ideal blood pressure, Diverse diet, No ovarian cancer in family, Good Omega-3 intake, Calcium intake, Vitamin E intake, Vitamin C intake, Flexibility routine

And here are the things that are making me older:
Lack of daily breakfast, Low unsaturated fat, Workout schedule (i'm sure they mean lack of), Have cholesterol level measured, Potassium levels, Low grain intake (surprising), Low vegetable intake (also surprising), Strength training level, Cell phone use, High BMI (lovely), Low fruit servings

Interesting stuff. Good encouragement to get back to the gym. Which I would love to do if 1.) my kids ever get well enough for me to bring them during childwatch hours or 2.) my husband would stop working so late every night so that he could watch them or 3.) we get back on our schedule of him being home by a certain time on mondays and wednesdays so that i can make it to the gym before it closes. #2 would be great but i'll settle for #1 or #3. preferably #3 because the childwatch hours are not the greatest. It's hard for me to make it to the morning hours when I have to get us all ready to go and I haven't had enough sleep because I worked late the night before. And the afternoon hours are such that Houston is going to fall asleep in the car before we get there and there are no beds in the childwatch area. Ideally I would like to do yoga every day. However, it's extremely difficult, if not impossible, to do any form of yoga with a 2-year-old crawling all over you and an 8-month-old screaming because you are not holding him. It is also extremely difficult to do yoga while holding said 8-month-old. And if said 2-year-old is not climbing all over me he is surely up to something. Having to say "Houston stop it" or "Houston, no" or "Houston, get out of there" every two minutes while trying to do yoga is also not a good plan. Trust me ... i've tried it. It's times like these when I really need some excercise that I wish we lived in a neighborhood that we could walk around. I swear I would walk every single day. One of these days I would love to find one of those convertable bike trailer things. The kind that holds two kids and can either be attached to your bike like a trailer or have a handle and work like a stroller. Unfortunatley, I didn't include one of those in our new budget. I did however, add it to our wish list which you can see scrolling happily along on the right-hand-side of this blog. Pretty cool stuff. You can create one at www.wists.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment