Friday, February 02, 2007

Crappy Week

Well it's been one heck of a week so far. I knew it was going to be a rough one when on sunday night Brody woke up at 11pm and literally screamed until 5am. I'm not talking a little crying or fussiness. I'm talking all out screaming at the top of his lungs ... for 6 hours. None of us got much sleep that night. To make a long story short ... Brody and Houston are sick and now as of today I am joining them. And as if that weren't bad enough Brody and I have thrush to go with it. It's been a pretty crappy week all around. Sick boys and Brett working late every night means me at home with the two of them crying and fussing all day long for 12+ hours straight with no other adult interaction. And to top it all off, we had to cancel our trip to the mountains. We were supposed to be leaving tomorrow (friday) and I was really looking forward to it. I need a change of scenery even if only for a few days. Mountains and snow would have been wonderful but I guess we'll just have to catch it another time.

On a happier note, I made some really yummy dinner tonight. It was probably the most delicious meal I have made in months and it was super, super easy. I'm always asked to share recipes and usually never remember to do so ... so I thougth i'd share this with you all tonight. (Lynne i promise i'll get you my chili recipe one of these days) I had some boneless pork ribs, baby carrots, new potatoes and some frozen diced onions and green peppers. I threw them all in a baking dish and sprinkled generously with McLowrey's season salt and Emeril's Essense (if you don't use this already you've gotta get some) and drizzled some olive oil over it all. I added just a little bit of water to keep things from drying out and then baked it at 350 for about an hour. Delicious!

In other news, Brett's dad got married this past saturday and we had the reception (and over 100 people) in our backyard. It was a lot of planning in not so much time but I think Karena and I pulled it off quite well. Everyone had a lot of fun and besides a few little hiccups, everything went off without a hitch. I'll post some pictures sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment