Friday, February 02, 2007

Lizard Ridge


I've had in the back of my mind that I want to knit an afghan, eventually. It's a big undertaking and i'm not good at finishing big projects. Well today I ran across the perfect pattern. I found something that I just must knit. The best thing is that it is knit in smaller squares using different colors of a really cool yarn, Kureyon by Noro. One skein makes one square so I can work on it one square/one skein at a time. I'm thinking I want to use blues, greens, browns and purples. Or at least I want to stay away from the colors that have the bright reds and yellows in them.

Here is the link: http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall06/PATTlizardridge.html. Now all I need is a bunch of skeins of Noro Kureyon yarn. I've been looking around at the on-line discount yarn stores and most of them have some of this yarn in stock. (webs.com, elann.com, yarniverse.com, gotyarn.com, and then there's always ebay) I will not be buying it all at once since that would be a big expense that I could never justify at this point. So i'll look around and buy one here and one there for now. This way I won't have a bunch of unknit balls of yarn to store either. And if anyone ever needs a gift idea ... hint, hint ... my birthday is in July, by the way. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment