Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Brody Forrest is 11 months old ...


Where did the time go? I can't believe he's going to be a year old in only one short month! I took this picture on monday when we were running errands. Houston was sleeping and Brody kept pitching a fit. I was afraid he was going to wake Houston up so I gave him the only thing there was to eat in the car until I could stop and get something else. There was part of a chocolate chip cookie that Brett got when we stopped for sandwiches on the way home from Amelia Island the day before. I gave Brody one little piece of it and he managed to get it all over his face and not even eat the piece of cookie. (you can see the piece of cookie on his seat buckle) I don't know how they manage to make such a mess with such a small amount of food ...
He is such a sweetie pie. He is so different than Houston in so many ways but then the same in others. I call him my little snuggle bug because he loves, loves, loves to snuggle. He thinks everything is funny and he takes about anything that Houston does to him without much fuss at all. He's very strong willed too. If he wants something or doesn't like something you'll surely know about it. Not because he cries ... nope ... it's more of a scream to get your attention with a flailing of the arms just in case you were not sure that he wasn't happy about something. He's almost walking. He stands up all over the place and walks along the furniture and around the kitchen with his hands on the cabinets. I'm sure he could walk if he just let go but he hasn't done it yet. Sometimes if he is really into something you hand him he will let go of what he was holding onto and doesn't even seem to realize that he's standing there on his own. If you try to make him stand on his own though he will throw one of those ear-piercing Brody screams your way. He waves bye-bye and he eats like a champ. I can hand him a whole banana and he holds it and takes bites like he's been doing it forever. And I have no idea how this happened but he is apparently a morning person. When Houston was a baby we would sleep in until nine-thirty or even ten some days. Not Brody though. He's up at seven-thirty every day. Doesn't matter what time he went to bed the night before. And not only is he up ... he's rarin' to go. I'm talking serious amounts of energy and squeels and laughter ... and screams if I don't get up with him. It's actually kind of nice because we have close to two hours together in the morning before Houston wakes up. Houston, like Brett and I, is a true night owl. And when he gets up he has about an hour or so of laying around before he really gets going. Brody is also way more vocal than Houston ever was. (which plays into the speech delay thing) He talks all the time. If he's awake, he's making noise. We joke around that Brody is going to learn how to talk and teach Houston. Speaking of which, Houston is making a lot of progress. Just in the past two weeks he's added a lot of words and they are much more well-pronounced too. He's started asking "why" all the time too which is cute at first and then just plain annoying. I ask him "why do you think" and he looks at me like i've got something sticking out of my forehead. It's pretty funny. He's also just started saying "mine", "you", "me" and "i do".

No comments:

Post a Comment