Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Stress

Please excuse me while I vent. I don't have anyone around here to vent to right now so the blog gets it. There's something that's been brewing around here that's causing some stress. I can't say what it is but it's to the point that I can't focus on anything else today because basically ... i'm just pissed off. It started as a small "holy crap what are we gonna do" stress and has turned into an "i feel like we're being crapped on" stress. I'm not exactly sure when it turned from one to the other. It's been a gradual thing and the more it gets talked about the more upset I get. I can't seem to get it out of my head the past couple of days. Maybe it's because I didn't think about it all weekend and now i'm making up for it. I don't know if that's because the river is so peaceful or because I drank so much beer but either way ... it didn't really enter my mind much. Now it is consuming me. It's not between Brett and I but is something we are dealing with together. Maybe my hormones are adding to it. Maybe it's not as big of a deal as i'm making it. Maybe it is. One thing I know for sure ... I'm upset and I don't know what to do about it. I should go to yoga tonight but I don't want to. I would rather scream at somebody. I hate ruining a yoga session because my mind is somewhere else. I always hope to leave my stress at the house and like my teacher says "put your to do list on the shelf when you walk in the door" but it doesn't always happen that way. I feel like tonight will be one of those days. I hope i'm wrong. I should channel this negative energy into some sort of firey crafty project but I just can't seem to focus on anything. I did find some stress relief today by coloring in a coloring book with Houston. It was surprisingly stress relieving ... so much so that I may just go do it again. If anybody has any words of wisdom here i'm all ears. I tend to get consumed by stress when it happens. That's probably why I avoid it as much as I can. I hate stress. There aren't all that many things that I hate but I definitely hate stress. I also hate fleas, fire ants and wasps. And I hate money. I hate how the world revolves around money. I hate how money makes people greedy. I hate how money can hold people back from doing what they love. I hate how some people have money and others don't. Do you know that the number one reason for divorce is financial issues? Can we all just go back to the barter system? I can make you some awesome socks and hats to keep you warm in the winter and can grow you lots of vegetables to eat pretty much year round. Any takers?
Please don't take this post the wrong way. We are fine. I'm just a bit pissed and needed to get it out. Probably should do that in a private journal of some sorts but that just doesn't seem as satisfying as sharing my pissed-offedness with you all.
On a side note, any of you that have XM radio or Direct TV ... if you haven't discovered the channel called Lucy yet you should definitely check it out. Rock on.

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could vent on my blog, but almost anyone I would want to vent about reads me, so I don't have any outlet. If you can, I think your blog is a good place to do it. Vent on, sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hang in there, i KNOW the feeling!!!!!
    call me anytime, I'm around all day tomorrow
    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vent away, dear! I'm glad from the next post that you're having a better day. Let me know if some knitting and margaritas could make your Sunday better...!

    ReplyDelete