Tuesday, May 15, 2007

My Mother's Day Gift


Ya'll ... I can't even begin to explain how awesome this gift is. Not only because it's something that I've really wanted but could never justify spending this much money on ... it's the fact that Brett thought enough to give me the money for this out of the money he made selling trees out of his nursery. I'm not even going to tell you how much it costs because it's a bit ridiculous ... but it's the only type of blender that will do what I need it to do. It's a 3 horse power blender. Know what that means? It means it micronizes anything you put in it. My accupuncturist has been telling me to get one of these since I started going to him. We talk about it each session and I remind him that at this point in life as a stay-at-home mom, there is no way in you know what that I can justify it. No matter how good it is for me. Brett knows how important it is to me to get myself healthy again and he knows how much this will help. The fact that he thought to do this for me for Mother's Day actually brought tears to my eyes when I opened the card. He put the money in there with a note that said "Blender Fund".
Back to the micronizing thing. With juicing in a juicer you loose a lot of the good stuff that's in the pulp. Ashley (accu guy) explains it much better than I do but i'll give it a try. The anti-cancer stuff is in the pulp. There's also a ton of good stuff for you in skins and seeds and stems. This may sound gross to you but it sounds great to me. With this blender you put everything in it ... seeds, cores, strawberry tops, etc and it completely micronizes everything so you don't even know it's there. You make extremely healthy smoothies this way. His wife makes them one every morning with their blender. Not only does it do this but it makes all kinds of stuff. It grinds coffee, makes ice cream, etc. I'll copy and paste some info here from some websites i've been looking at.
"According to our testing of many blenders, Blendtec makes the best 3 HP blender for the price. It is exceptionally powerful at 1500 Watts and it travels easily. Micronize the specific Fruits & Vegetables (including seeds, skins, rinds etc) based on SSQC's renown Food-Healing system. Smoothies need to be made in a 3 horsepower blender micronizing fiber/seed/rind particles to the micron level. Comes with a solid 3 year warranty."

"The Total Blender is the Total Solution! Blend, Chop, Grind, Freeze, Cook, Hash, Crush, Mince, Dice, Mill, Puree, and Much More! Total Blender is the all-in-one appliance that makes smoothies, fresh juice, ice cream, milkshakes, cappuccinos, margaritas, soups, sauces, breads, dressings, salsas and more! It replaces up to 9 other appliances with one fast easy-to-use machine, at a fraction of the cost. You've seen the unique square jar before; for years blending professionals have used Blendtec machines in the best coffee shops, juice bars, gyms, and restaurants around the world. Blendtec machines are known for producing the best, most consistent results in taste and texture and now with the Total Blender, you'll enjoy the same great results in your home! Total Blender comes with our exclusive Smart-Touch tec-nology™ which means when a cycle button is pushed, the Total Blender automatically speeds up and slows down, then shuts off when the cycle is complete, so recipes turn out perfect every time. Tired of your blender not being able to crush ice? The Total Blender has so much power (1500 Watts) it turns ice to snow and actually comes with an Ice-Crushing Guarantee. From the home gourmet chef to the every day smoothie fan, the Total Blender fits your lifestyle."

No comments:

Post a Comment