Thursday, May 31, 2007

Seven Random Things

I've been tagged for the seven random things about me meme several times so I figured i'd finally play along. Now what a "meme" is, i'm not quite sure but here go the seven random things.

1. I have played the Viola since I was eleven. I was first chair pretty much all through middle and high school too. I've played in several symphonies over the years including the University of Florida Symphony Orchestra during college but these days I just pull it out around Christmas time to play some carols. I look forward to the boys being old enough to sing along with me. How's that for some Christmas cheer!

2. I have very strong fingernails. They almost never break. I usually end up cutting them off every once in a while because they get in my way. My orchestra conductors in grade school always got onto me for them. I actually learned to play with them even though they told me I wouldn't be able to. They just grow so darn fast that they are always there.

3. I've only had two pedicures in my entire life.

4. I once went almost two years without getting my hair cut. That was in college when it was all the way down to my butt. I miss that hair and i'm currently growing it back out.

5. I have a degree in Aerospace Engineering. You have no idea how many times in my life i've heard the "it's not rocket science" joke/thing.

6. I've worked at two different space centers and i've climbed all over two different space shuttles, both shuttle launch pads and several segments of the International Space Station (before they went into space, obviously).

7. I used to teach bellydancing at UF. (it was a leisure course, not an actual college course)

So there you have it. Seven random things about me. As far as tagging others, i'm not going to but if you read this and want to play along .... well then go right ahead. It's kinda fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment