Sunday, May 13, 2007

My First Design

So here's something i've been working on. This is my first knitting design.


Yarn: Paton's UpCountry, colorway is "Red Nancy" and was hand-dyed by Celena (that would be me) and let me just say that I am in love with this yarn. I've heard it may have been discontinued so i'm going to have to look into it. I did find a place to buy it online although thier shipping fees are outrageous so I'm going to keep looking.

Needles: US 15

Pattern: my own design, to be shared later

Here it is pre-felted. I just love, love, love how the color turned out. It is exactly what I was hoping for. I'm so excited about this. (I hope the recipient is half as excited as I am)


And here it is post-felting.

ps ... this is a hint of what is to come in the "crafty news" department

4 comments:

  1. so, i have to ask, what is "felting", whatever it is makes the bag look awesome, so I'm dying to know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is gorgeous, Celena! I wish I could knit as well as you do! I love the Booga bag and want one...Maybe I'll send you some yarn and you can whip one up for me? LOL! As if you had extra time? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love this bag. The color is fantastic - you have real talent dyeing. Did you have the bag in mind when you dyed the yarn?

    Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone. It's always great to get positive feedback.

    ReplyDelete