Thursday, May 10, 2007

YIPEE!

So I weighed myself on my way in to yoga class last night and i'm down another 2-1/2 pounds. I almost started doing the happy dance right there in the middle of the YMCA. That's 4-1/2 pounds in one month. I'm so happy to FINALLY lose some weight.

My accupuncturist said it sounds like I was detoxing when I got that wierd sick thing a couple weeks ago ... which is exactly what I felt like ... like my body had gone toxic on me. My lymph glands were all swollen and when I took a lemon bath to detox (like I usually do when I get that sick) I ended up with a rash .. which has never happened before. Also, since I wasn't eating my body had time to clear out all the preservatives and processed foods i'd been so bad about eating since Brody was born. That may just have been the jump start my body needed to start losing weight. He said it's good to get a fever once a year to kill off the latent viruses hanging out in your body. He said that's why you get sick when you get stressed. Because your immune system goes down and allows the latent viruses that have been hanging out to take over. So even though it was the worst sick I've been in many, many years it looks like it did me some good. Who would have guessed? He also said I finally have a kidney pulse .. which is exciting stuff for me! He hasn't felt a kidney pulse since I started going to him last year. He said it's weak but it's finally there so things are looking good. I'm feeling good, i'm eating super healthy, i'm losing weight and I finally feel like i'm getting back to my old self again. YAY! Now all I have to do is keep from getting pregnant again. :O

Today's breakfast: tomato-carrot-celery-apple-ginger juice
YUMMY! And I made it before Brett left so he got to have some too.

1 comment: